©2023 CATO All Rights Reserved
CATO REFUND POLICY FOR ALL COURSES, SYMPOSIUMS, and CONFERENCES
Attendees will receive a full refund minus the standard processing fee (see below) if written cancellation is received at least 45 days prior to event start. A 50% refund will be offered for written cancellations received less than 45 days but at least 30 days prior to course start date. No refunds will be offered for cancellations received less than 30
days prior to the start of the event. Qualified substitutions will be accepted at any time. CATO cannot offer a credit toward a future course, symposium, or conference. CATO is not responsible for students registering and/or paying for a course before their department approves of said training, budget issues, and/or staffing or scheduling issues.
Refunds are based upon the above timelines only. The following processing fees shall apply to all agency or attendee requested cancellations eligible for a full refund:
Course Tuition $0 – $499: $25.00
Course Tuition $500 – $999: $35.00
Course Tuition over $1000: $50.00
Fees for membership fees are non-refundable. Cases of possible fraudulent activity will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Refunds are available within the first 30 days of the original purchase. After 30 days, no refund is promised. Cases of possible fraudulent activity will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
The California Association of Tactical Officers (CATO) is committed to protecting the privacy of its members and visitors. This page describes how CATO collects data from its Web site and how the CATO uses this information.
We do not collect personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us or you choose a service on this website where gathering personal information is necessary to deliver the specific services. But use of those services is entirely voluntary.
During your visit to the California Association of Tactical Officer’s (CATO) website, our web server automatically gathers and stores certain information about your use of the site. This information does not personally identify you, and your e-mail address is not collected in this automatic process. The information that is automatically collected and stored is:
We use this information to evaluate and improve the content of our site and to make our site more useful to our visitors. We also use it to diagnose problems with our server, to keep our server running smoothly, and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology they use. This information does not identify or track you personally.
CATO makes every attempt to avoid the use of “cookies,” the simple text files stored on your computer by your web browser. Cookies may be used on our site when needed to maintain the functionality of an interactive application and is used only during the session in which you access the interactive application. Cookies created on your computer by using this Web site do not contain personal information and do not compromise your privacy or security.
The cookie feature is used only to store a randomly generated identifying temporary tag on your computer. You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer by using any of the widely available methods. However, if you turn off your cookie option, you may not be able to access some of the features in our interactive applications.
Members of CATO are required to verify their identification through a third party vendor and may be asked to provide a current office address, telephone number or other address to be used for CATO purposes, on the official CATO membership records. A member who has registered online and created a profile may use the account to change his or her address of record. A member’s address of record is not public information and will not be sold to a third party. Some pages provide you with an opportunity to order products, make requests, and register to receive materials and/or services. The types of personal information collected on these pages may include:
This information is passed on to the applicable third-party provider, but a copy of this material is maintained by the California Association of Tactical Officers, solely for use by the California Association of Tactical Officers. You are solely responsible for all use of the website under your password or through your account. Upon creation of your profile, you may receive an account name and password.
If you lose your password or suspect unauthorized use of your account, you must inform CATO immediately. CATO will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to safeguard your password and account.
HOW WE USE CATO MEMBER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Since features exist on the website that enable or will enable visitors to make purchases, receive services and/or register for events online using their credit/debit card, the financial information collected by CATO during these transactions is used solely by CATO or CATP vendors who collect this information for the CATO. This information is not shared with outside parties except for the purposes of finalizing the transaction. This information is not used for any other purpose whatsoever. CATO is further committed to protecting the security of your personal financial information, and has in place various security measures to safeguard this information from unauthorized access, use, and/or disclosure.
A member’s address of record is NOT public information. Except for credit/debit card and other financial information provided, the State Bar further reserves the right to use personal information provided in connection with the CATO website to contact members, distribute CATO related information or special offers. This information will not be sold to a third party. The California Associations of Tactical Officers reserves the right to access, use, preserve, or disclose personal information as required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to:
1. comply with the law or legal process served on the California Association of Tactical Officers or their website
2. protect and defend the rights, interests or property of CATO, its respective employees, marketing partners, agents or third parties
3. to protect the personal safety of CATO members or members of the public in general
Sending an email to the California Association of Tactical Officers
CATO takes the following types of security measures: use of latest technologies and policies such as limited access data-centers, firewall technology, secure socket layer certificate authentication (SSL), data encryption storage of sensitive information, and limitations of administrative access to our systems. In addition, it is our policy not to send your credit card number via e-mail. In fact, this is a practice we recommend you adopt in all of your Internet activities While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF TACTICAL OFFICERS WEBSITES
6. Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the CATO websites are available only with registration, login and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (Personal Login Information), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. The CATO is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact CATO immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
8. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the CATO websites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the CATO websites by other users or with the CATO’s operation and management of the CATO websites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the CATO websites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an CATO registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, the CATO reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the CATO websites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the CATO websites, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including the CATO, through your use of the CTO websites.
10. Proprietary Rights. The content of the CATO websites includes, without limitation, (i) the CATO's trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively CATO Marks); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the CATO websites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as CATO Content). CATO Content is the property of the CATO, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any CATO Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the CATO or the owner of such content if the CATO is not the owner. Any use of the CATO Marks without the CATO’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the CATO Content, including any such notices appearing on any CATO Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the CATO websites.
11. Feedback. If you send or transmit any communications or materials to CATO by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to CATO intellectual property, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like (Feedback), CATO is free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between you and CATO governing such Feedback. You hereby assign to CATO all right, title, and interest in, and CATO is free to use without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although CATO is not required to use any Feedback.
12. Responsibility for Use of the Internet and the CATO websites. Use of the Internet and the CATO websites is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. The CATO does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the CATO websites over the Internet or other communication network. The CATO shall not be obligated to correct or update the CATO websites, the CATO Content or the User-Generated Content and the CATO shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the CATO websites.
13. Disclaimer. CATO Content is provided for informational purposes only, is believed to be current and accurate at the time of posting, and is not intended as, and should not be construed to be, legal, financial, medical, or consulting advice. Physicians and other qualified health care practitioners should exercise their professional judgment in connection with the provision of services and should seek legal advice regarding any legal questions. References and links to third parties do not constitute an endorsement or warranty by the CATO and CATO hereby disclaims all express and implied warranties of any kind.
14. Confidential Information. The CATO websites, including any public forums which you may access via the CATO websites, may contain confidential information. State and federal laws, as well as ethical and licensure requirements, may impose obligations with respect to confidential information that may limit your ability to receive, disclose, or make use of this information, including transmitting law enforcement sensitive information to others. You warrant that you will comply with all laws that may directly or indirectly govern your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, or storage of such information. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any applicable organizations or person’s consents, if applicable, and all other consents or permissions required by law or advisable with respect to your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of confidential information. You shall be solely responsible for your retrieval, use or misuse, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of such information.
16. Third Party Information. The CATO websites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, User-Generated Content or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the CATO websites are those of the respective third party and not of the CATO or its affiliates. The CATO makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
17. Advertisers. The CATO websites may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the CATO websites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by the CATO. The CATO shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the CATO websites. Further, the CATO shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the CATO websites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
18. Links to Third Party websites. The CATO websites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which the CATO exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links (provided by the CATO or by a third party) is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the CATO websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
19. Links to CATO websites and CATO Content. Links posted by third parties to the CATO websites and/or CATO Content may not use the CATO trademark or logo and shall not suggest that the CATO promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the CATO websites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. The CATO reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates the CATO's rights or causes interruption or deterioration of CATO Content.
20. Warranties Disclaimed. THE CATO WEBSITES AND CATO CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.”; NEITHER THE CATO, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “AMA PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE AMA WEBSITES OR AMA CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE AMA WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE CATO WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) CATO CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE CATO WEBSITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
23. Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS (BUT NOT NEW JERSEY) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 18 AND 19 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND CATOS’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
31. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the CATO websites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Revised February 202